WHAT ARE INTRAMURALS?
Intramurals is a non-competitive on-campus after school sports program for 6th, 7th and 8th graders. A new sport will be offered each month as listed below. Sports may include, but are not limited to: Ultimate Frisbee, Basketball, Flag Football, Team Handball, Dodgeball, and Volleyball.
Flag Football: November 2 – December 7
M/W 3:00 – 4:30 (6th/7th/8th)
* instructors will create separate groups for 6th graders and 7th/8th graders.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO?
* No need to let us know if your student will miss a session.
* Students do not have to attend all days.
* Students may participate in all sports or only in sports that interest them.
* You only need to sign the permission slip once for the year
* Please keep your student home if he/she/they have any signs of illness. If student has not attended school that day. They may not attend intramurals.
Before the 2020-2021 school year, intramurals sports were offered only for 6th graders. We hope to be able to continue to offer intramurals for 7th and 8th graders all year long…. We need your support to make that happen!
Click HERE for more.
We are very excited that ALL students will be able to participate in sports after school whether they make a competitive team or not. Due to field and court constraints, we cannot have intramurals and competitive sports doing the same sport simultaneously.
For questions about intramurals, please contact: Gina Wilson at email@example.com
About Intramural Sports
The Intramural Sports Program is designed to introduce students to new sports and develop skills and sportsmanship in a fun, non-competitive atmosphere. Students can participate in as many or few sports as they choose and they may begin at any point during the school year.
- Intramural sports are open to all 6th, 7th and 8th Grade students – no tryouts are required
- All sports are co-ed
- Intramural sessions generally run for 4 weeks.
- There will be one sport offered per 4-week session.
- A permission slip is required for participation
In previous years, intramural sessions have included DODGEBALL, FLAG FOOTBALL, KUBB, BASKETBALL, ULTIMATE FRIBEE, VOLLEYBALL, AND TENNIS. Every year may be different.